Explaining the Cost of This Important Vaccine
In 2023, more than 5 million Americans were diagnosed with the flu. One of the best ways to protect yourself against the virus is through healthcare services such as flu shots.
Here’s what a same-day flu shot doctor in Vienna, Virginia wants you to know about this vaccine, including what you can expect to pay.
How Much Does the Flu Shot Cost?
There are many factors that determine how much you’ll pay for your annual flu shot. If you have health insurance, chances are that you won’t spend any money out of pocket, as the vaccine is covered in full by many insurance companies.
If you don’t have insurance coverage, you can expect to pay anywhere from $25 to $90 for the vaccine. The cost varies based on factors such as:
- Where you live
- Where you receive the shot
- The type of vaccine you receive
Why You Should Get Vaccinated: Explained By a Same-Day Flu Shot Doctor in Vienna, Virginia
Studies have shown that the best way to protect yourself and those around you during flu season is to get vaccinated. Here are other reasons why you should get the flu shot every year.
- Flu shots are 100% safe. The flu shot is not only highly effective, it’s extremely safe. Because the virus is inactive, you can’t actually get the flu after getting vaccinated.
- The flu shot greatly reduces the risk of serious respiratory illness. While the vaccine may not prevent you from getting the flu, your symptoms are likely to be much more manageable without medical intervention.
- You’re protected all-season long. The sooner you get vaccinated, the better. It takes weeks for antibodies to develop, but once they’ve been activated, you’ll be protected during flu season and beyond.
Get Your Flu Shot Today at Virginia Family Medicine
It’s never too late to get a same-day flu shot doctor in Vienna, Virginia, and we accept most major insurance plans!
Visit Virginia Family Medicine for all of your preventative care. Contact us at 703-383-4836 to schedule an appointment.