Family medicine is an excellent, comprehensive primary health care option for you, your children, and your parents. Virginia Family Medicine, with three locations in Tysons, Vienna, and Fairfax, Virginia, offers personalized family medicine services to every member of your family, saving you time and ensuring continuity of care at every age. If you’re looking for patient-focused, attentive family medicine services, call Virginia Family Medicine or schedule a consultation online today.
"I always have a great experience at Virginia Family Medicine having been their patient for the past 20+ years with Dr. Milani and his colleagues. Today's visit was no exception and I received excellent professional, insightful care from Dr. Pham. Top recommendation for the entire staff!"
Family Medicine Q & A
What is Family Medicine?
- Family medicine is a type of primary care that caters to patients of all ages, covering every member of your family. While pediatricians care for children, internists look after adults, and geriatricians provide care for patients over the age of 65, family medicine provides care for patients at every stage of life.
What Does Family Medicine Include?
Family medicine is a primary care resource. Virginia Family Medicine provides a comprehensive range of family medicine services, including:
- Annual well visits
- Pediatric and newborn care
- Pap smears
- Breast exams
- Menopause management
- Weight management
- Mental health care
- Minor procedures like wart removal and ear irrigation
Virginia Family Medicine also takes an integrative and holistic approach to health care. Our providers collaborate with nutritionists, naturopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, and psychotherapists. While assessing your health and creating treatment plans, we consider all evidence-based therapies that could not only treat your condition but also enhance your overall health.
Virginia Family Medicine offers in-house lab services in all three offices to save you time by not having to go to another location, and get your results more quickly.
What are the Benefits of Family Medicine?
There are many reasons to choose a family medicine provider. Some of the main benefits include:
- Continuity of Care: Family medicine providers often see patients for years or even decades. If you started seeing a family medicine provider when you were a child or adolescent, you could continue to see them for the rest of your life. As a result, your provider knows your medical history intimately. Also, because family medicine providers often see entire families, they have a deep understanding of your family’s medical history. While they would never violate patient confidentiality and share information, they know to ask the right questions and recommend health screenings that help protect your health.
- Save Time and Money with One-Stop Medical Care for the Whole Family: Since family medicine providers deliver comprehensive health care services, you can schedule appointments for your entire family at the same time instead of driving all over Northern Virginia for different appointments. If you need a specialist, your family medicine provider can give you a referral and coordinate your care.
Call Virginia Family Medicine or make an appointment online today for expert family medicine services.